Friday, November 12, 2010

and again we have Friday!

First news of the blog.........
Don't forget the Pony UP annual Fundraiser/Auction on November 20th...6pm at Trophy Lake Golf Course....lots of fun auction items, food and friends! Please RSVP to Krismasdog@aol.com and save a place for you and your friends!

This has been a long week. I forget how long it takes me to get into a new routine with darkness upon us so early in the afternoon. I remember now where we need more light and how exactly I clean paddocks in the dark! I clean with a miners light....right on my head or my hat if it is raining. The horses get used to it and the work gets done. One of the bonuses of the early darkness is that the chickens put themselves to bed and I don't have to wait or make a second trip.

Bonnie the chicken is still hanging in there.......eats, drinks but doesn't walk much. We move her around, stretch her wings and put her in the dust bath a couple of times a week. We hope she can get better.

It is that blanket time of the year again......blankets get ripped......blankets get wet......horses take them off....we put them back on. Church has a really good winter coat...but we put him in a thin sort of rain blanket.....and he was cold...go figure.....I put a thicker blanket on him and voila....he is much happier. I wonder how things would be if it was REALLY cold, like Montana or Nebraska........by the way, what kind of name is Nebraska? Sounds Russian.....but I know it isn't....hmm.....I will have to google it.

Today we got the fifth wheel home to the farm......finally. What a lot of work. I have never had an RV before ...at least a towable one and good grief ...I had NO IDEA. Of course in order to make it mine, I had to wash it.....bleach it......I am slightly germophobic....I love bleach. It makes me feel better. Someone pointed out that I am in daily contact with HORSE MANURE......but horse manure doesn't bother me.....human stuff does...and of course, if you are bleeding....you don't want me to help you. I will pass out or throw up. I am a sympathetic vomiter.........that means if YOU vomit, I do too. Heck, if the dog vomits, I vomit...I can't help myself. Anyway, the fifth wheel is home....parked...safe......and tomorrow we will set it level, plug it in and voila.....we have an office!

Horses are good this week........Lizzie's weight is good, her coat is beautiful.....Blue is much friendlier....loves carrots........Tarbaby is picky about hay.....so we feed him more senior grain in a slop twice a day which he loves and we give his old hay to the ponies. You have to love the recyle program huh?

I have had to work the last four Fridays and my trail riding aspirations have been dashed.......I worked today for a few hours and I have to work next Friday as well. All money for the horses, of course...so I don't mind.

Tomorrow it is supposed to rain, after a beautiful day today....we have many things to acomplish, as usual......some more outside lights to put in, some receptacles, clean paddocks.......check gutters on the barn.......go to the dump.....have a Pony UP meeting......and help on a community project for a particular family.

Thanksgiving is almost upon us! I love Thanksgiving best out of any holidays.... a chance to get together, have a nice meal........and visit. We have a lot to be thankful for this year........we are truly blessed to have some of the folks we have, who volunteer, who donate.......who think of us........thank you!

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Sometimes you don't see the angels who serve you.

No comments: