Saturday, March 27, 2010

post script Saturday

Beautiful weather today......I got a lot of good pictures and so did Kim. I will try to post tomorrow for your viewing pleasure.

We got a lot done today........put rocks into the concrete form for our new shoeing stand/wash rack, put a new section of fence up......let Beaver out to play for a long while.....and boy did he play.
Horses got groomed, wash tubs got scrubbed........hay got moved.....so much can get done on a good sunny day. Thanks to my volunteers.......Kim, Matt, Ryan.........you guys are the best.

My chickens are laying four eggs a day........doesn't seem like a lot, until they start adding up in your refrigerator....so I give some away to volunteers and other folks who help us out.

We had a man come and fix our tractor today......free of charge.........thank you Jim! We had a blown hydraulic hose.

We still have mud....and tonight it is supposed to rain again.......ugh. Just when I see my way out of the dark.......R A I N. What is it that we have a gorgeous day followed by several rainy days.........it is enough to make me cranky.

Clouds settled late in the afternoon and so BACK on with the horse blankets.......then another dose of the power pack de-wormer.......they are starting to look at me like I am THE ONE TO BE AVOIDED.........."SHE WHO POISONS US".........and I will do it again tomorrow.

Mercy is no better.........such a problem....such a heartache........she seems miserable. She does not want a human touch.......period.

Promise is much, much better.......putting some weight on and actually likes to be groomed/touched by us now. Some things get better with time .......

No comments: