Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday again.....and then some

Tuesday morning.....I awaken at 4 thirty and decide I can sleep another twenty minutes and then the next thing I know it is 5 thirty.........YIKES.
Up and let the dogs out, feed the dogs, put a load of laundry in, make the coffee, shower and off to the barn. I am anxious to try the new hot water out. Simple pleasures I swear....4 gallons of hot water and I think I have been given a million dollars.
I drive to the barn listening to Roy Orbison singing "Pretty Woman". He really was so talented. I wonder why I don't listen to him more.......I have a CD somewhere.
I am careless with my CD's......they are always scratched, uncovered.......sitting on the back seat or on the dash, often I give them away and then I wonder why they skip....I wonder how folks keep them organized and in those little folders...too much work.......I have them in the console, in the side pockets on the door and in the back pockets of the seats...here , there and .......and have you seen my back seat? I should have never got the extended cab, because it is like a small storage shed.......camera, batteries, brushes, paperwork.......cd's, directions......coats...lots of coats, extra shoes,a a raincoat, a mattes pad, boots.......two flashlights.......a tie........a tie? yes....I don't know why and I don't know where from.....well, I think I might have made my husband take it off so I could use it as a lead......no kidding.

I get to the barn and turn the lights on, feed the cats.....who still have not come out to wander the farm.......feed the chickens.....check Jake. He seems much happier in a lighter blanket and he utters a low whinny to greet me....waiting at his gate. I am relieved........that he is standing, that he is alert and that he is anxious to eat. He cleaned up all his hay and left a HUGE pile of poop.Wonderful.....poop makes me happy,,,,,,,,hay that is cleaned up makes me happy....my day can go in a good direction.

I make grain with HOT water........so much easier.....and probably so much more inviting. Winston does not throw a huge fit this morning....which is good because he has another thing coming on Friday when he goes to the training barn. I don't think they will allow grain tantrums.

I check the filly's teeth and she still has not lost the buck tooth.....I wiggle it anyway and she opens wide like maybe I can help her...but I say "sorry" not loose enough yet....her other adult tooth is coming in quickly on the opposite side. Poor girl.

We need to build some more manure compost bins.......we need to get rid of some manure.....another small retaining wall...........the chores mount again......of course they do.....I think that is why they call it a working ranch.......there is always work.

I have a long day tomorrow.....up very early and to the hospital with my mom. Volunteers will watch the farm in the morning and afternoon........thank you....I appreciate your help and kindness.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Do not hesitate to show kindness to a stranger on a day such as this.

1 comment:

Drillrider said...

Maybe you need one of those CD holders that clip to the visor? I always thought those were an easy way to keep CD's in the car. We have a zip folder, but I've seen the visor holders and thought they were a good idea.

Go Jake.....eating better..that's a great sign!!!