Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thoughts on a Thursday

The weather has been pretty good the last two days...a tiny bit of rain, a good amount of sun....cold in the morning and fairly warm in the afternoon. We have let Ollie and Cooper out on pasture for the last two afternoons and they have loved it...they don't want any hay at the end of the day and they feel great! The grass is so good for them....I wish we had grass for everyone.....big green pastures...one of my big dreams.

Monday, Ryan and I delivered the donkeys to the Clark County Fairgrounds.....we met the donkey transporters for Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue.......nice professional folks.....I was sad for the donkeys to go....I cried for a while after we left.....you think of how far you have brought them and what they have been through....I just had to get a grip on myself.......it isn't the first time we have sent someone off to a new adventure..but I never get used to it....we get attached to all of them....donkeys or horses or chickens........it doesn't matter. Thank you Ryan for going with me and for handing me a kleenex without saying a word about my tears.

Wednesday, Sarah and I groomed inmates at the small Pony Up barn.......washed Churchie's legs.....combed tails, pulled manes...the usual grooming stuff. This morning, I took the trash away from Nina's barn....cleaned stalls and scratched Blue's back for a long while......he came to me asking for grooming.......which is odd for him....he is and has always been standoffish. In the afternoon, I put plastic up on the new shed building...we have more work to do on it....another couple of walls and a doorway.....then we can put hay in it. We are always short on hay space.

We have our upcoming adoption day on April 30th......at Chalice Farms....between 2 and 4pm....snacks and drinks will be served......horses will be walked around.......Pony Up volunteers will be there to meet you....Thank you to Chalice Farms and Sarah for putting this together!

Max is still in legging up training and doing well......such a good boy! Meghan likes him and is doing a fabulous job with getting him in shape....Max will be shown at the Lower Puget Sound Dressage Schooling show on May 1........come and see him ..such a beautiful boy.

We also have our tack/garage sale coming up on May 7th......9am to 3pm......all kinds of stuff....some western , some english.......and a lot of garage sale stuff.....come see us.....and pray for sun!

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Don't forget when you leave why you came.

No comments: