Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday morning

I think Yukon needs a diet.

Next photo...Hamilton looks better, but has a long way to go.

Rio on this fine Sunday morning.

A head shot of Hamilton.

Hamilton's hooves after his pedicure.

Our banty hen and her new chick "Spot"

I didn't sleep well last night. There is a particular horse on Craigslist that is headed no where good this morning and there is nothing we can do about it. Not enough room, not enough funds..........we have our limits and our limits have been stretched. It is gut wrenching sometimes. I tell myself over and over that I will not look at Craigslist ads...........but I am a Craigslist junkie I admit. I can only hope and pray that the little guy gets a kind buyer at the sale this morning and does not meet up with the kb's (kill buyers who take horses, ponies, donkeys, all shapes and sizes.........trained, untrained, old, young..........they don't see living creatures who feel, they only see dollar signs)

Not a good way to start my morning. Makes me grumpy. I make coffee, put the dogs out, feed the cats.........then I can't find a single coffee cup.......oh and why is that? Because I have probably left them all up at the barn. I go to the barn with coffee and then set it down and leave it. I should tie them to my coat or something.

Overcast and much cooler today. Easier to get the chores done........but I will still need coffee. I wonder if there are any cups in the garage???

Did I mention that I lost the lens out of my glasses yesterday? well, I did. I am blind as a bat. I normally wear contacts but in the morning, I just put glasses on. Long story short........I had contacts in, glasses in my pocket.........came in the house.......took glasses out of pocket.....missing a lens. Now how did that happen? I was watering plants. I retraced my steps......no luck. My husband says I am probably going to start a forest fire..........I have one spare pair of glasses......but of course they are repaired with duct tape......the gray kind.....and yes, it looks tacky......but hey, it was an emergency repair. I hate glasses and I have come to hate my contacts after all these years. I can spell L A S I K....I think.

gotta get going, find a cup and get to the barn........more later.

No comments: