Friday, April 2, 2010

Fly a way Friday

OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh...the wind was back today..........62MPH in some spots......with associated rain.......the paddocks are soggy and there is water everywhere. I will be glad for some sun, even some dust at this point! I love dust....really I do........and flies......and dry hooves.....

I didn't really do much today besides feed, clean and then I went home, the weather was so bad......horses have been in stalls voluntarily.......an of course the stalls were a mess. When the weather is like this, I feed lots of hay to keep them busy an occupied.

I didn't even go see Winston today...........way too much wind.....I needed to stay close to home. I left the barn around noon and decided I could take a nap. Yep, the dogs and I had a two hour nap and it was grand. The house was quiet, save the wind and pouring rain......and we drifted off while the storm carried on. Woke up, brewed some fresh coffee and back to the barn........put the chickens up......fed horses, locked the barn up........and back home to fix dinner.

Not sure what the weather will hold tomorrow. I had hoped to start on arena fencing...but not if it is raining and pouring like today. No fun.

TarBaby has an abcess......so he got some bute, some antibiotic and a foot cleaning.....he will get an Epson salts soak in the morning if nothing has broken through.

Breeze and Promise are potentially headed for new digs next week....stay tuned for details.

We had the slightest breakthrough with Mercy........she is rubbing on me and snuffles my sleeves..licked my hands.......I know it doesn't seem like much, but if you had seen her before.......well, it is really a big deal. So far this is just with me..... keep saying some prayers for her.....or send positive thoughts her way. She has been a very tortured soul for a long while and we are all she has....it has been a difficult situation for all of us. You expect them to WANT to make friends with you..........you expect them to be grateful I guess.......but it doesn't always work that way.

I hope your weekend, wherever you are is less wet than mine........

Pony UP fortune for tomorrow:

Celebrate a victory........embrace a kindness.

No comments: