Saturday, April 17, 2010

Such a lot of Saturday

Up not so early.....I slept in a little........tired...grumpy......stiff.......hard to get going this morning.
It is a gray, cool morning.....rain is sprinkling down.......I can hear in my mind the weather forecast from earlier this week......."clear and up to 70 degrees on Saturday" and I think to myself that either I was dreaming or the weather forecast was for Palm Springs. great.....just great. I don't want to fence in the rain......I just don't.
I drink coffee, drag my sorry self around ......let the dogs out, feed the dogs......then shower and head to the barn. I am chastised by the prisoners who say I am LATE and they are hungry....in fact starving.....I take my lumps......and get to feeding. I let the chicks out........they are hungry too.
Ryan comes and we talk about fencing.........we have the auger attachment for the tractor......but I have to take Sully to Maple Valley......I didn't do it yesterday........and today I really must. I ask Ryan to come with me and we will work on a sunnier, warmer day. He agrees. So we groom Sully and load him up.....and off we go. We stop for coffee and gas.........arrive at the Jones Farm shortly after noon. Sully is stalled in the lovely barn with other horses who have blue blood pedigrees.......we don't tell him he is any different.....although I think he is the smallest horse in the barn. Big things come in little packages.

We visited and looked at horses on the farm.......laughed and talked about old times.......then we got on the road again to go home........to feed horses, put chickens to bed..........rest.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow>>>>>>

It is not who you know but what you know.

No comments: