Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thinking out loud Tuesday

Time ticks by.........it hardly seems like it can be Tuesday evening going on Wednesday morning....but it is and the week comes at us.
Strange weather this morning......cloudy, sprinkling rain enough to curl my obstinate hair......these are the kind of days when I just can't try to control it....call me Roseanne Roseanna Danna.... I give up. It is chilly and I am bundled up like mid winter.

I listen to Classic Country this morning on my way to the barn.......something corny comes on by Loretta Lynn and I cringe at the words as she sings them.......then I turn the station because I can't take the lyrics.......this isn't the 60's........I find something else........Bob Seger and I feel more at ease...........Old Time Rock n Roll.........something we can dance to ....ummm,,,,,,I mean if we had to.
As I drive to the barn, I pass an orchard and I spot a yearling deer........it is pinto colored....no joke........pinto! Almost like someone spilled bleach across the back.....driving and no camera handy........my luck.
TarBaby has both front feet sore now. Perplexed. It is possible to have two abcesses going....but hmmm.......It seems suspicious. His feet are not overly warm.........he is not cresty......not obese.....but it is almost a week and the work "laminitis" creeps into my thoughts. I take him off his grain and I hate to do it because he doesn't eat much hay.....I give him some bute to ease his pain. He has had a hoof disease in his previous life......I don't even know what it is called......but it is rare and he was studied by WSU and the master farriers.........a whole group of folks.....perhaps he has it back........I was told it never really goes away. Sigh....big sigh.

Mercy is still being Mercy......she came to me for hay tonight.......gave me a dirty look, put her ears back and then nuzzled me. Go figure. She hates me, she loves me.

Promise has adjusted well to Breeze being gone and she is developing a little personality........she loves her grain..........well, don't they all? But she also likes to be petted and brushed now, which is a big change.

We are supposed to have GOOD weather on Friday and Saturday, so we can do more fencing.....maybe make our fire pit too. We resolve to have a barbeque, fireside grilling at the barn this spring and summer.....no matter what. We deserve it.

It is back to the large frog chorus outside my door......I am listening as I type this........you can't just listen to one......there must be a million of them.........all in my pond. Some croak fast and with a regular rhythm, while others croak s l o w l y...........and others croak sporadically. I like frogs.......adorable mosquito eating machines..

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Don't forget to pick up where you left off.

No comments: