Tuesday, May 4, 2010

just plain Tuesday

Brilliant sunny morning, after much wind last night.......still a brisk breeze this morning and it is cold. Branches litter my driveway and trees still sway to and fro........a scene from February? Nope....May.....May............and yet it is 36 degrees. I put a fleece jacket on and a sweater.
Still the day looks like it could be warm later, so do I or don't I? remove blankets? yep...I remove them and hope the day will be as warm as I hope it will be. I also hope no one will feel chilly during the morning...but perhaps chilly is better than sweltering.
Missing a barn cat. That is it.......I will never get another barn cat. They just disappear into thin air. It must be coyotes. It just isn't fair.
Sunday, I got the tractor stuck ........or rather, broke the emergency brake and therefore could not get said tractor to move. Of course I kicked it and I swore at it. Temper ...temper.......never gets me anywhere. My brother in law fixed it tonight and I put the tractor in it's shed. I hate leaving the tractor out and exposed to the horses because the hydraulic hoses fascinate them......and so does the seat.......perfect for tearing and ripping. I had to fence it off with hot tape.... you think I am kidding?
One time I left my truck in the pasture while I left to get something in a lower field......like ten minutes....it was summer.....I left the windows down. Mistake.

I came back to find:

  • horses standing lazily by side of my truck, resting one hind......one's head over the others back.....relaxed, lower lips drooping....ah...they are waiting for me.....isn't that cute?
  • uh..wait...what is wrong with the truck?
  • why is my purse on the ground?
  • bug guard removed from truck
  • windshield wipers removed from truck
  • jacket removed from truck seat and ripped up in several pieces.
  • windows smears with lip prints
  • mirrors turned out
  • plastic part of bumper scraped by teeth
  • worst of the worst........teeth scraped across the hood, down past the paint and into the primer....not just once.....but several times.
  • license plate holder broken

the horses were not talking.....must have been someone, something else..........right.

Umm.that is why the tractor was fenced off......I learned my lesson. Hoodlums.....they are.

Lots to do this week......we got the gate up and now we just need the auto closer/opener installed......some more fence posts......some more cement.......some more tractor work.......and most of all we need some sun to work in.

I broke down and poisoned the rats. I hated doing it. I hate poison.......but I had rats running everywhere....on top of the hay, over the counter top........digging up under mats.....a health hazard for the horses....and I had to throw hay out. Such a waste.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Buy a new one.

1 comment:

Drillrider said...

I'm really sorry to hear about Mercy, but she was aptly named, since you had mercy on her and let her go. Doing the right thing is sometimes more difficult than the wrong thing.

Hang in there!!!!