Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday

Beautiful morning........blue sky.....singing birds........everything smells wonderful outside.....sweet spring smell of trees and blooming foliage.
My usual trek to the barn and the sights of the roadway........the neighbor horses in their huge field.....white, chestnut, black bay and a chestnut overo.........the neighbor dogs who run the fence as I pass by.......the old pony gelding further up the road quietly clipping grass by himself......and a lone llama.
I get to the barn, let the cat out, let the chickens out.......then my mom's dogs.......then sprint to feed the horses........I am a little late.......as I dish up the grain, I swear I have to cut portions down............horses are fat and yesterday folks mentioned it. Yes, we feed them well....and yes, a few of them are , well.....a little overweight.
The shoer comes tomorrow, three trims.......Beaver's feet grow like weeds.......Promise will get trimmed too and Tarbaby.
Thanks to Kim, Matt, Shelly and Ryan for picking up the slack this week on stalls and feeding...it has been a huge help to me.

Still quite a list of work to do......why does the list never get shorter?
Push dirt in arena.....
put railroad ties down in arena corner......
gravel, gravel, gravel......
move manure pile
paint chicken coop
brush cut along north fence
paint inside of barn/stalls
cement barn floor...
build structure around shoeing/wash stand
cement some more posts near arena
mend/patch roof of small hay barn
move hay
walkway near chicken coop.
plant some more
put automatic gate opener on driveway gate
build a manure containment site
push sand in the arena
deworm horses
groom all horses, cut bridle paths, trim tails, bathe
replace fencing on east end of pastures
put posts on west side of pastures for additional paddock.
regravel Promise's stall floor and replace mats.

oh boy..... it sounds like we have never one anything, doesn't it? But not true.....we have done so much. We work hard to make a nice facility for our prisoners.....good exercise yards....good rooms to sleep in, fresh water.....activities.....horses should be happy while we care for them.

My mom is feeling a little better tonight......thanks for your kind words and wishes.

I was thinking as I was driving to work today about words or statements that we say after the fact........when it is sometimes too late....when you can't change the outcome.
See what these provoke you to think about when you hear them..fill in the blanks.........

I didn't mean..........
I wish I had said.....
I should have.....
If someone had told me............
If I had known................
If I could take it back, I.......................
I regret..........
I wish I could apologize.
If I had it to do over again...........

You think you have a lifetime to make things right or let things get right........but sometimes we don't. Life is really very short.......sometimes you don't get a second chance. When you say something mean or don't say something at all.......you might not get a chance to make it right.....to say it right.......to say it at all........to do the right thing.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow;

A coward doesn't speak.

No comments: