Monday, May 10, 2010

Manic Monday

Up early and to the barn........feed horses, count chickens and feed them, let barn cat out........leave a to do list for Ryan, let my mom's dogs out......make sure there is gas for the mower.......then hit the road for the hospital.

Long day at the hospital for all of us......frazzled nerves and emotions and we are tired......so is mom. I left the hospital for a while and came home to find Kim feeding horses and Ryan finishing up his gazillion chores. I let my mom's dogs out, fed them and then went back to the hospital......stayed a couple more hours and went back to button up the barn, check gates.......close gates......and now I am home.......ready to get some sleep.

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures of Promise.....she has come a long way from the skinny, scrawny filly with the LONGEST worm hair that you have ever seen........her muscle and top line are good.......coat is sleek.......the ugly duckling turned into a swan. Funny what some food will do for a horse...huh?

It rained and drizzled all day........no sun to be found. The weather forecast says nice towards the end of the week and that will be so nice. It is almost June.......I keep saying that, I know.......but gee.....shouldn't it be warm alot more often?

So Ryan put new plywood up in Church's stall, new gravel in Promise's paddock, a new gate up in the arena.........mowed my mom's lawn, weedeated the yard........(my mom was so happy when I told her), cleaned and worked on fencing........a whole days work.........thank you! My time is not my own this week and without volunteers I will get behind.

We have fill dirt coming for the arena.......maybe tomorrow if we can work it out.

Thanks to everyone for the helping hands.......this will be a tough couple of weeks.......I need you.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

To learn about the future, study your history.

No comments: