Saturday, May 22, 2010

shining Saturday

I get up late.....didn't sleep well last night.......grumpy.....have to get moving.......coffee.......wheat toast......pull on jeans, pull on sweatshirt.....fake the brush over my hair......put glasses on....no time for contact lenses... take extra cup of coffee for my brother in law......hit the road.

Let chickens out.....let barn cat out.....take coffee to my brother in law (who stayed with my mom last night like a hero!) Help my mom with taking her blood sugar reading, get her pills for her.....make her some juice......breakfast.......open the curtains.....back out to the barn, where I am scolded by horses for being late and not giving them breakfast IMMEDIATELY upon my arrival.

I give hay, then grain.........soak some hay pellets for Grace, drink my coffee.......consider all the chores I have to do.......where to start? hmmm.
Brianne and Jan S. arrive and help me with stalls......cleaning paddocks..........Jan helps me fix one of the benches and then we move a huge clump of daisies that are right in the way of progress.......Jan sits on the bench and the barn cat moves onto his lap.......love at first sight. The barn cat cannot get enough of him.

The weather is on again, off again sunny.......jacket on, jacket off.........no rain yet........but who knows? You cannot believe the weather forecaster around here lately.

Brianne grooms Promise, cleans her feet, cuts her bridle path.......and exclaims how beautiful the filly has turned out. We agree.....her coat is dappled, she is muscled out......very gorgeous color....and a good size too.

Briannne and Jan meet Grace......and they go back several times to pat her and talk to her. She is ever so slightly more comfortable on her new front shoes. She ate good last night........and she is still enamored with Tarbaby, her neighbor. Beaver, however, is pissed that he is not in the barn anymore and none of his escape tactics have worked so far.

A little later, Shelly and her husband bring Hannah (the donkey) to visit and the horses are in a spin over this little furry donkey. Part of Shelly's family is visiting and everyone is nice.......they look at the horses and we talk about Grace for a while...... really nice family Shelly.....thanks for bringing them by.

The rest of the day, I work on landscaping my mom's part of the property. I am intent on it looking REALLY good for her, so she can enjoy looking out the window and eventually coming outside again. She loves to work in the yard and plant things.......so I don't want her to miss a beat this year....even though she is ill. My niece comes and helps me dig holes, move plants and clean up weeds. Thank you Angie........you have a very giving spirit....

Before I know it, it is almost four and I have not gone home yet to shower, like I said I would around 10 am. Gross. I head home.....the sky is darkening and the wind picks up. ...No more sun.

Time to eat dinner, drink some wine........watch a movie.......

I hope your day was good and productive. I am appreciative of the folks who help me.......thank you.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow::

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.......go for it.

No comments: