Thursday, October 28, 2010

Through Thursday again.....

News of the day.......

Pony Up Rescue for Equines is having their annual fundraiser/dinner auction on November 20th, 2010. The event begins at 6pm. Tickets are 28 dollars in advance or 30dollars at the door. We will have a small live auction as well as silent auction tables.....something for everyone! The dinner this year is a pasta buffet with caesar salad! There will be a non hosted bar as well. Please RSVP to Rosemary@ponyuprescue.com by November 17th. We hope to see you there. Also I should mention, that we will have a desert auction after dinner, with all proceeds going to the "For Jake's Sake Fund".

The weather was back to cool today with light rain and more promised to come. I got pellets down in all the stalls and all hooves are standing in the said pellets as we speak. Blankets are still on.......no tears or catastrophic disasters as of yet..but I am sure it will happen...it always does.

Wally the pony is FAT. We have him on a diet but gosh.....he is still fat. Like pregnant fat.
Speaking of pregnant.....Lizzie is NOT! We love foals....but it is a relief..no room at the inn presently...always a waiting list. Right now we have three horses on a waiting list.......nice horses too..that folks just cannot keep. Sad isn't it.

I cannot believe that it is already November..Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the bend and then TAX time. UGH>

Funny how you notice things during the day. Today at work I noticed that my very dry hands were stained a lovely shade of green in the lines and crevices of my palms..from mixing grain/beet pulp/alf pellets in early am horse mush.....I went right to the bathroom and scrubbed them with antibacterial soap....but it did no good.....it stuck like glue. I really should wear gloves...why don't I wear gloves? Good thing I am not a nurse...wouldn't that be lovely?

Bonnie the chicken is still hanging in there. She talks to me when I pick her up and softly clucks while I stretch her legs and wings. She is very thin and needs to eat more. I have to think of how I can best do this....she cannot stay outside unprotected...maybe the cat room?

Tomorrow, I will spread some gravel, clean paddocks.......soak Tarbaby's feet.....then I have to go to work in the afternoon.....so I won't get as much done as I would like ...

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Stick to your guns.

No comments: