Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Aways to go Wednesday

You hear things that strike you in the news.
they stay with you.
they disturb you.
they haunt you.
Generally these things are child and animal abuse... at least with me...
I think of the loss of a victim's soul to unspeakable acts..........attrocities.......the perpetrator takes it from the victim and the perpetrator lost his to God only knows.
I read these things and sometimes weep that anything would have to endure such suffering at the hands of another.
You look at pictures of children and animals who are suffering abuse and the light is gone from their eyes........it has been extinquished......lost when the suffering became too much.....the pain too severe........the hunger too intolerable.
and yet it goes on.......it continues.

I read this morning of such a case and I will not repeat the details because it is so disturbing......
but it only makes me feel more like SPEAKING out.........YELLING at the top of my lungs........
There have got to be stiffer penalties for unspeakable behavior.........those of us who are compassionate, educated, rational, loving human beings have to speak for those who cannot.
Punish within the full extent of the law.......make the penalty fit the crime. Life is precious.........our children, your children, their children are precious. If someone murders and rapes a child..........Death penalty. .....goodbye, we don't want you or need you......In my book there is nothing more unspeakable, never a soul more unsalvagable. People who abuse animals most often abuse children..........animals should be protected too.......if you starve an animal you should NEVER have another. NEVER. Starvation is not an unfortunate accident........someone who scalds a child or dog should have jail time and mental health evaluations the rest of their life.........no time off for good behavior.,...never allowed to have children again or animals........give them a scarlet letter for life.

Let me be the judge for a while.

Anyway, I am ranting.......but I think it is important for all of us to speak up, write letters, make petitions and let our voices be heard when we disagree with "how something is". When you read about something that shakes you to the very core........act on it. Write a letter to the sentencing judge. If the law doesn't allow adequate punishment, speak up........let's change it. One person can make a difference by lending their voice, their written words, ....their perseverance. Only "we" can change it. Take notice in your county, your state about what is going on.........voice your opinion to the court, to the authorities.........be professional, be polite, state your facts and your opinion.......and VOTE.

##################

Rain again this morning........cooler temperatures.........I want some more of that sun we had.
I heard someone say the weekend should be nice.........I will cross my fingers on both hands.

I changed Tarbaby into a new paddock this morning. He was fighting with his (neigh)bor........Churchie. Churchie is a big Holsteiner and has a long reach, while TarBaby is much smaller and does not have a long reach.

The barn cat was missing tonight. I called and called.......it was dark and we had a little wind....I took the flashlight out.........no luck. Then I heard a faint mew....so I called somemore. i was beginning to think I was hearing things........it was not a very good meow.........I walked around......shone the flashlight hoping to catch the eyes of the kitty. Nothing. Nada. It must be that peacock....so I started back to the barn..........and heard it again. ...sort of behind me.
I turned around and shone the light up to the house.........and there on the roof was the cat. ...she was very wet and hoarse. hmmm. ...back to the barn for the ladder....back to the house for the cat. Up on the roof, grab the cat...........she is not having it........so I put her inside my coat...hold my coat really tight against me and climb down. I deposit her in the cat room with her sister and give her some wet food and a stern warning.

all in a day..

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

A busy mind sometimes forgets all the details.

No comments: