Friday, February 12, 2010

Rainfall Friday

Friday, my day off........I slept in until 6:30.......drank coffee,read email......fed dogs........then off to the barn. I can relax today and not worry about getting too dirty. I drive to the barn and it is pouring. I feed hay and then clean stalls and paddocks. The shoer is coming at 9:30 to trim Beaver, Breeze, Vinnie and Church.

The barn is cluttered and the aisleway is dirty. I can't stand it. I sweep, then get the stiff broom , put some water on the matted floor and sweep it again. I put some stuff up into the overhead and throw some stuff out....empty the garbage, move some hay....wipe the counter down. I realize I have lost my coffee somewhere..... I am sweaty... wondering why I don't have a bigger barn........making a mental list of things I need to do, things I need to finish.......gates, fencing.......painting........shelves.....re-side the stalls in the barn...........put more gravel down (yes, I said MORE gravel.......)arena fencing.....sand for arena...........hay storage...........gosh, the list goes on. Spring......come on spring......warm weather will accomodate my needs.

The shoer comes and everyone is good......well Church is lazy and doesn't want to hold his own weight up......he wants the shoer to hold him up...........Beaver bites us.........the filly is an ANGEL........and Vinnie has other things on his mind and he is fidgety and distracted.........
no abcesses and Vinnie's feet look a lot better than when he first came.

I work until noon, then run to the Humane Society to look at a horse.......and I look at the dogs too. So many pitbulls.....such a shame.....and I look at the cats.........gosh, they had a lot of big cats.
I come back.......without a cat, without a dog and without the horse. Gosh........how did I do that?

Tomorrow we will take Yukon to Debbie........a long trip which will take all day. We will wrap his legs and give him a bute. He is an old guy....we want to go easy on him....he is such a trooper.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow

If your glass is half empty........fill it up......find what saves you.

No comments: