Friday, February 26, 2010

Friday morning

Still raining....back to the land of sog.

Lots to do today.....cleaning, buy grain and stall pellets, Humane Society and then off to see my boy Winston. Winston is coming along wonderfully.......he looks like a real dressage horse. I am pleased with the trainer......no gimmicks, no cruelty.......lot's of patience and reward, a beautiful clean facility. Somedays I wish I lived there.
I slept in, I needed it ..I have been running on empty all week because as usual there is still a lot to do. Stalls must be stripped today. I got most of them done last night but ran out of daylight with the loafing sheds.
Yesterday, my mother reports.....a very large bald eagle was walking (yes, walking) around the yard, attempting to snatch a chicken. She yelled at him and he flew off.......without a chicken.
This is like a chicken survivor show.......if it isn't the chicken hawk, or a wiley coyote....it is the bald eagle. Poor chickens. My chickens are free range, they have a coop but no fenced yard. They help keep the manure piles turned over, take care of bugs and lay the occasional egg......alhtough I might have to hunt for it.

I want to extend a very large Thank you to Sandy M. for her generous donation. We can't do this without folks like you and we appreciate you thinking of us.

I finished our grant application. It is intended to help us pay for replacement of the arena fencing. This is the first time we have done this, so we are hopeful!

TarBaby ripped his blanket to shreds yesterday. I didn't see it with my own eyes and I suspect that there might have been some pony involvement. TarBaby is easy on his blankets.....so it seems odd. The ripping was all done on the back end. HMMMM?

I better get running, the prisoners will be planning an escape because I am late.

Enjoy your weekend!

Pony Up fortune for today:

If not you, then who?

No comments: