Thursday, February 11, 2010

Still Thursday

So I go to the barn this morning.......jump out, turn the lights on...open the cat room, reach for a can of food, start lifting the lid off of it and GLOP.......I get cat food juice right in the eye....ugh........so you can't just reach up and scrape it off because then you take all your eye makeup off with it.......and I do have to go to work........I push off the temptation to rub it off and walk into the barn , grab a paper towel and gently dab it off. Gross. That nasty old cat food smells.
Okay so time to feed everyone without getting grossly dirty, because as I said I go to my "real" job next.
I give hay to everyone, Church of course has to grab it from me and I get hay all down the front of my shirt. Nice.... it can go with the cat food eyeliner.
Next is grain. I give TarBaby his first because he is the oldest.....then move on to Yukon. I am doing good because so far I am not wearing any grain slop. I go out to the filly and Beaver.........carefully make my way through the paddock.......coming back I must cross through Yukon's stall. I stop and observe that he has grain all over his muzzle and on his forehead........he is licking the wall clean.....like a kid licking the batter from a a bowl. Cute...he is busy, I have nothing for him ..just carrying an empty bucket........I enter the stall and walk behind him and he turns and rubs his head on my shoulder. Great.......slimed by grain residue with some added beet pulp. It is a wonder they continue to employ me........the way I show up sometimes. Sometimes I head right for the bathroom to check myself out.........pick hay out of my hair, wipe mud spots off.........change my shoes....I always carry more shoes in the car......sometimes extra jackets.......jeans..........shirts.....you name it.

I finish up and head out for work........wash my hands in a bucket of warm water........unroll my pants legs........change my coat.......shake my bra loose of hay (thanks Church).......then realize that I need to fill up Vinnie's water trough. I drag the hose over......and it sticks on something..........I tug it hard and lose my balance backwards into the manure cart. It can't get any worse. Seriously. Now I have a large stain across my leg. I don't have extra jeans today....and not enough time to run home. Argh.....wet paper towels to rub across the stain.......nice try. I am sure I probably smell.
Into the truck and drive to work.
Into the bathroom........examine my face for cat food, examine my hair for hay.......wash my hands in HOT soapy water.........take a towel with soap to the spot on my jeans.......apply lipstick.........change my shoes.......VOILA........I am ready for work.

somedays it just doesn't pay.
:)

1 comment:

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

:) It doesn't pay, but it is so worth it! I want to see pictures of all these ponies you talk about!!