Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

Ummm.....if you are like me.....yawn........who cares? I don't like football....never have....perhaps if it was football on horses I would watch. Anyway, just another day.
I get up, drink coffee of course, let the dogs out, feed the dogs.....read my email, drink more coffee.........have a peice of toast that really wasn't all that great......change out of my jammies and head to the barn.
It is drizzling, sort of cold after yesterday...........I turn the wipers on, listen to Gordon Lightfoot sing "If You Could Read My Mind". Whatever happened to Gordon Lightfoot? He disappeared into the night.......didn't he become some sort of wierdo? Anyway, I always did like that song....even if he is a nut case or whatever.
I get to the barn and I realize that I will be infinitely happier when the sun comes out......the earth dries up........I long for dust and flies........and fat horses lazing in the sun.
I feed everyone and then start cleaning. I will not take blankets off today because it is going to be cool. I check the nest boxes for eggs........nada. ...darn chickens.

I bought some really cheap local grass hay that smells like summer.....really sweet and fresh. I bought it for Beaver because orchard grass gives him diarrhea and I couldn't find any good timothy........well, anyway, everyone wants it....they grab at it as I pass by......and so I give them some and you would think it is the finest alfalfa.......they eat it first.....except Beaver......NOPE...he hates it now....he liked it for like two days. Too bad...that is all he is offered.
Beaver is shedding like a yak. He needs a stiff brushing. I pull a few tufts of hair and he tries to bite me. I push him and he offers me his big old butt.......I say..."you better not".......and then he snaps his teeth at me again.

I decide that I will work on the fencing today......by myself. I brace a few corners......and then decide I need some more posts......another gate.......staples.........yep, I have to go to the feed store. I go and come back.......I work until dark........then feed again, fill water buckets.......and hand out more of the delectible grass hay.......it cracks me up. If you needed them to eat it...they certainly wouldn't. The chickens go to bed, the peacock goes up on the roof......cats are locked in.......I check on my mom.........and then go home.

long day.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Cat got your tongue?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Wish I was working on my fence today instead of watching football! It's fun spending time with family, but I really couldn't care less about football either. Would much rather be working outside getting something accomplished!