Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday and we have a HOLIDAY

I had the day off today.......and although it started out foggy.......the sun finally came out. What a delight! I took all the horses blankets off and everyone had sun naps as well as rolls in the dirt. Ryan came down from Olympia and he and I worked all days on chores........we bathed Beaver's tail and hind legs (he has had an on again/off again diarrhea issue....ewww!)........we put some wood panels on the gate so that Beaver cannot get his head in the gate........we fixed the back side of Ollie and Maxs' loafing shed, we put some new fence posts in, took down the old barn light........I cleaned paddocks........we had a great day! Thanks Ryan for the help.......you are a treasure!

I went to the feed store, got more beet pulp, more rice bran and senior grain......plus some more local grass hay for the Beav. He is on a diet....as we were bathing him today and he was trying to kick us.......yes, really trying to KICK us and bite us.....he was really mad for a while.....the nerve of us trying to bathe him ...and then........I noticed how really fat he is.........not good for such a little pony....so a diet is in order.

We combed Breeze's mane and tail, brushed her back......examined her teeth.......now she has bottom teeth missing......fed her some carrots........she takes little baby bites.........so cute. Her mane is long and needs to be pulled......but no time today.......so she will go with long locks........we did cut her bridle path and trim some of her tail.........she is tall and lean. Everyone else is fat but she is lean.....she is a picky eater.......somedays she eats all her hay and other days not so much.......but she always cleans up her grain.......so I will add more rice bran and a little more beet pulp.

I have a three day work week to look forward to.........yippee! Lots to do this weekend of course and I have family visiting for the weekend. I hope the weather will be nice.....we can finish a fencing project, maybe paint........still so much to do. The arena..........always the arena.....I need sand and I need someone to come and grade it. We want to use the arena a lot this spring and summer.

It was so gorgeous today and so quiet while the horses were napping ....the birds were singing and I watched crows taking twigs and grass to make a nest. I love crows........really, they are so smart and entertaining. I feed them whenever I have an opportunity.

off to feed dogs.......change my clothes......eat some dinner.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Generosity repays itself.

No comments: