Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday afternoon




I write with a heavy heart.....we lost our boy Sully today.
It is never easy for me to have a horse euthanized....but even harder when the horse is not old, and not lame.....however, when a horse is suffering and there is not much chance of getting better, you do the right thing...even when your heart breaks.

I don't have much else to say tonight, but this......Sully was well loved and cared for this last year. He was a gem to deal with, handsome and very smart. I am not much of an Arabian fan, but I will admit he changed my mind....I adored his spirit and personality in his compact perfect body. I remember when we picked him up....I said oh oh...he was independent and opinionated....but he turned into a pocket pony within a short time.

I would personally like to thank Lauren and Sandy for all of their time and efforts with him...he loved you. I would also like to thank the Jones farm for tending to him these last few days and letting him stay in the fields all summer with the yearlings..I know he loved that! I also want to thank the Stiffey family for bringing him to us and caring about him when no one else would.

Sully......you run like the wind boy.....I hope to see you again.

1 comment:

Drillrider said...

So sorry to hear about Sully. What in the world happened?????