Monday, August 2, 2010

Moreover Monday

When we least expect it........the family grows.

Sunday, we got three new horses in........yes, I said three...although one is a pony, one is a med sized horse, and one is just a regular horse sized horse. They all seem like ponies compared to my own big guys. I call a 15 hand horse a pony. ...but alas I am tall.......they are short.

So why do you ask? We were looking for a pony......a smaller lesson pony......and then the meat man cometh......who is the meat man? Slaughter house, knacker, kill buyer.......we call him a lot of things....some things I can't print.

We needed the last horse like a hole in the head....but he REALLY is a good looking horse and I think we can place him. I am confident we can place him...yep. I am .
The other guy is an older guy, slightly sway backed, chubby, beautiful face....a kids horse....he deserved better than this auction..and no reserve either....so a very easy buy for the meat man. So anyway, call me crazy.......but I am going to place both of these guys........somewhere better.....I wish I could have taken them all and truth be told, there are many fine horses still at the auction yard who are going to get on the truck....these two guys were just lucky to have a crazy woman take them home to a crowded farm. You, gentle reader.....should help me spread the word and get them some fabulous homes......the more I place, the more I can help....but I am out of room! Anyone who wants to sponsor or foster......SPEAK UP!!!!!!! We need you. We have a great retirement place for 350 a month....you can visit them , groom them......love them.

So to update.........we have a seven year old POA, 14H, nice stocky build, bay roan, nice feet, handsome.....greenbroke.....send him to the trainer.....have a really great eventer.....hunter......dressage pony..........and then we have a 15 year old Appaloosa gelding, chubby, nice feet, pretty quarter horse head, mattress backed, slightly (very slightly sway backed)...kids horse...or husband horse if your husband is not HUGE.... he may be 15H.

I may have to get a second job........so help me out.....pass the word.....these guys need a home.

Caryn worked them in the arena tonight, the younger one lunges nicely, picks his feet up nicely, pretty good manners and a nice mover. Hauls and loads..... Not for a beginner rider. Buy him and make him into an expensive little hunter pony...make your friends jealous!.

The older guy is a trooper..loves treats and attention....good with feet.....no bite, no kick. Hauls and loads.
email me if you are interested?

Pony UP fortune for tomorrow:

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

No comments: