Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday...we have rain

Ummm......I guess FALL got here today. It rained all day, never got above sixty degrees and then we had wind....falling leaves.....you know....the whole fall scenario thing. All we needed was dancing pumpkins to set the stage...and I expect them tomorrow.

I am looking at it as a drill......we actually got some mud today....I saw where we had leaks.....where we are going to have more mud.....where we need more gravel and where the water will want to settle in the arena. Woe is me. Seriously....I am not looking forward to wet weather....again. It was just two months ago it left. Not fair.
Enough whining....am I whining?
yep.

I had a hard time getting up this morning because my biological clock said it was too dark to wake up....I finally roused....got up, drank coffee....no email..no time....drove to the barn, listened to the oldies station........listened to Carly Simon sing "Nobody Does it Better".....I think that is the name of it..from the James Bond movie. I am a big Carly Simon fan from way back...I like anything she sings.

I separated Grace yesterday because she is in raging heat and driving Tarbaby crazy. He doesn't know why he is so disturbed..but none the less, he is....and she is a hussy. Mares=drama. A sea of geldings wondering what the heck?

We got some really great Purina coupons for ten dollars off senior feed.......a whole booklet........what a great gift. Tarbaby and Grace eat Senior in great quantities and we will find these coupons very handy. Thank you.

Yukon is trailriding with his foster family and being a pretty good boy.....he still loves to go. Thank you Doreen and Liz for taking such good care of him.

Noah is supposed to go to his new home this week....just waiting to work the logistics out. Time to go to work little man!

The week is flying by.....my chore list is growing...I have winter on the mind....winter...perish the thought....that means blankets, stall bedding, corn oil for the old guys..mud management...pasture management....roofs.....the S word..S N O W......let's perish the thought again.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Send them a note.....you know you should.

No comments: