Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Twilight Tuesday

Oh...long day.....beautiful day......not too hot, sunny and clear.....slight breeze..perfect, if I had not had to work today and could have just hung out at the farm....but alas, I did have to work and so it goes.

Blue ruined most of the no climb fencing in his paddock last night.....a kicking festival towards Beaver. I will have to replace the fence and find a better spot for Blue. He hates most of his neighbors unfortunately.

Grace and Tarbaby are getting along well, but still...Tarbaby is not Silk and Grace seems a little lost without him. Tarbaby will not share his grub in a tub with her...no way, no how....she doesn't understand that what is his is really HIS, not hers.

At lunch time I went to Habitat for Humanity and found some old wooden windows for five dollars each.....one for the chicken coop and one for the out house. Yes, the outhouse will have a window....maybe a curtain too. I never put a window in before, but I am going to give it the old college try....I have a sawzall and a circular saw...that should work, right? We don't even have an out house yet....but I am in the planning stages...always planning.

The girls and I will have a cook out on Friday.......s'mores, hot dogs.....a roaring fire, ghost stories.....double dog dares....should be fun!

My chore list for Saturday is growing.....
finish the washrack, put the window in, find a spot for the outhouse....clean cobwebs..patch the pony roof....put up some hotwire, move Blue, repair the non climb, ....the fun never stops.

We have a waiting list of horses to come in...already. It makes me sad and anxious. I often feel like I am not doing enough or making a difference. I wish I could do more. I am able to keep up with what I have because of my volunteers, my job and donations. I really need to win the lotto...that could solve a lot of problems.

I think the mare we have been trying to help is going to get a new home, at least a long term foster home. She is in very rough shape and needs immediate care. Poor old thing.

The moon is full tonight and absolutely beautiful to see peeking through our trees....the coyotes are already in full voice and I hear dogs answering them in the distance. My own dog is chattering at them and it is time to bring her in for the night...

All is well.....sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Do not despair, the sun will also rise tomorrow.

No comments: