Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Twilight Tuesday




Picture of Blue,Noah and Church (dark bay)

Long day today...starts early, goes late. Horses to feed, horses to clean up after...what would I do without volunteers? I am always thankful to have them.....great people.

The bad news of the day first. Sully is extremely ill. We are sort of on a 24 hour vigil. He is on pain medication and some antibiotic drugs....he is being cold hosed for his fever and hand walked for leg swelling. Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts.

Our three new guys are going well.....quiet and settled....eating well. We lunged them today, sat on them and did some ground manner work with the younger POA. Their names are Blue and Noah. Noah is the younger one and Blue is the older one. Blue is like sitting on a couch and a slow walker....Noah is interested in everything.

I took the chicken off her nest.......the egg did not hatch and I could not find a young chick to put under her. We have enough chickens anyway......but she was very upset with me, pecked me and scolded me as only a hen can. I guess I can't blame her.

The weather was great again today......thoroughly enjoyed it. Speaking of weather, sort of.....did you see the blood red sunset that we had? I have never seen such a color......it was amazing. I generally hate the over use of the word "amazing"....but this was truly amazing.........so very pretty.

I am off to do some chores before bed....laundry, dished, feed the dogs....put the dogs out......collapse into bed. I am tired today and mentally tired from worrying about Sully.

Enjoy your week......we are almost halfway through it.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

You have not lost it for good.

No comments: