Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday......more of the same

Slept in a little.....showered, left for the barn.........the sky is a funny color and it is windy. I listen to Michael McDonald sing "I Keep Forgettin".......while I drive and look at the pastures with waving grass, bright colored leaves floating by and the variety of neighborhood horses. The trees are so beautiful right now. I really have to get a picture of this one certain tree.......really breathtaking...

anyway..
I get to the barn......I don't see a peacock.
Let chickens out...let cats out....open barn door......
there he is.....on the hay.....sigh. He is preening his feathers.........much dryer than yesterday.
My volunteers offer up that it does say "rescue" on the side of the barn.
Yep. It does.
No where in the plan did we intend to accomodate wayward peacocks. Nope.

I fed him.

I cleaned paddocks, cleaned stalls, swept the barn aisle and filled water buckets. Then I ran errands, went to Costco, bought dog beds, ate lunch, took a short nap and went back to my day job for a while......

Got off work, fed horses again, put chickens to bed and the peacock was sitting on the roof of the barn. Not sure where he is going to sleep, but he cannot sleep very well on the roof in this wind.

Tomorrow is volunteer day........we will work on bigger projects as the weather allows.

Sleep tight...don't let bedbugs bite.


Pony Up Fortune for Saturday..........

When your brain fails you, let your heart speak.

No comments: