Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday overcast and cool

Slept in until 7:20, let dogs out and fed them, made coffee, folded some laundry, started a load of laundry, emptied the trash........off to the barn.
Chickens out and accounted for, cats out, fence off, lights on and into the barn to feed.....
Winston is HUNGRY......he has a new routine......I call it the rocking horse tantrum.....he jumps forward in his stall and throws all his weight onto his front end, while kicking his hinds out slightly, then throws his weight to his hind end and lunges forward again against his door. I yell......he stops and then turns and spins out into his run......then comes in at ninety miles an hour and does it again.
Meanwhile, Yukon is making rhythmic pawing noises to let me know that he is hungry too and I better get cracking. Of course to preserve my sanity.......I feed these two first. Everyone else has better manners. Max is calling from the upper paddock and then begins pawing his gravel. I think he needs more gravel....

It is supposed to rain today. I have a lot to do......we have a sinkhole in the arena. Junah's grave. We need the tractor. It is too dangerous to let anyone out ....I will fence around it today.

Our tractor is almost done! The guy says next week.......YES!!!!!!!!! our own tractor....I almost feel like I won the lottery.

Kim, Cherri and I met yesterday to plan THE cocktail party......we met at Cherri's restaurant and it was fun. I highly recommend going there for lunch or early dinner......we had lasagna and it was THE BEST lasagna I have ever had. No kidding.
The Harbor Kitchen in Gig Harbor, along the waterfront.....quaint tables, fireplace and small deck........large assortment of wine and GREAT desserts.......but you have to try the lasagna. Kim and I made pigs of ourselves. OINK OINK. Go there soon...you will not regret it.....same side of the street as Anthony's...about four doors down.

anyway....the cocktail party is in motion. Tickets are 18.00 each, heavy hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine...........silent auction items on tables.......live music......we are limited to forty persons........email to reserve yours.....paypal accepted........we can email you a ticket.

If you have an item to donate.......email us......we can pick it up and we would love to have it.
There should be something for everyone........come and bid .....find Christmas presents, meet volunteers, meet other horse lovers........buy some Pony Up Pastries for Equines...........private label horse cookies......no preservatives and YOU can eat them too.......(like we do)
NOVEMBER 22, 2009 at 6 pm


off to finish my day......take my mom to Petco.......fence that hole in the arena, turn some horses out......finish my laundry........mop some floors......wash my truck? maybe.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow......

What walks like a duck and sounds like a duck is usally a duck.....take a close look

No comments: