Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday... is here.

Unremarkable Tuesday.......no rain, just light fog and lingering darkness. My headlights cut a path down the dark road to the barn...light reflecting here and there off of road signs while I listen to an old Bob Seger song......"Night Moves". Forgot how much I liked it....then couldn't get it off my mind as I fed and cleaned. One day you are eighteen and the next you are .......umm.......older. Most of the time my mind convinces my body that in fact I am still eighteen and limber and buff......and then my shoulder announces that in fact I am NOT eighteen or thirty or forty......
good golly.

No major tragedies this morning, no major messes......everyone ate well from the night before and they were anxious to have breakfast. I always feed my grain wet and I am always comforted by the chorus of slurping and smacking after I have fed. Must be the nurturing side of me.....I love to feed them.

The small troop of banty babies are so tame....they come right in and around my feet begging for scraps. We were lucky this time in that most of them are hens. THey will be easy to find homes for.....and hopefully I can find the eggs before we get another batch of babies. Those banties are sneaky.

chores.....chores.....they are calling my name. More painting, more graveling......more hogsfuel. Hay to stack.....horses to groom.....all need hair cuts.
Plus we are planning the Pony Up cocktail party with a silent auction....invitation only......better email me quick. It is invitation only because we will have limited spots/seating/etc. Not because we like one person more than another.....basically you will get an invite to attend and the first 35 get to come. First come, first serve. Appetizers, wine, music.......nice people......good auction items.....in a quaint restaurant.......Am I painting a picture? GOOD!
If you have something nice to donate.......let us know! Artwork, jewelry, vouchers, training, lessons.....tack.......clothing......it is always fun!


My condolences to the Montgomery family and their loss of Jackson. He was a great little doggie. I know you are going to miss him.

We had other folks email who want to come and volunteer.....we are always glad to accept help from others. Thank you for making a difference.

Sully is being an equine good citizen at the training barn.....so far so good. maybe he will meet his special someone while he is in training? anything is possible...lots of good things have come his way in the last year. Lucky should be his name.

There is an old TB gelding who has been abandoned by his owner at a local boarding stable. He is 23/24 years old, not rideable....he needs a home....he is black and well behaved....not ready to leave this world yet. We wish we had room......but we do not. Please pass the word to anyone who could give him a couple of years. He has literally been cooped up with no turn out for years. Very sad.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.......what you accept, accept freely.

No comments: