Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday, Monday

Up at my regular time,but I am late,...took too long showering, or maybe too long putting my socks on or drank my coffee slowly....I don't know. Off to the barn,let the cats out, let the chickens out and then go to see the new boy.....but I don't see him. He is found inside the Noble shelter, snug as a bug......he nickers softly to me as I peer into the darkness. I say hello Vinnie....good morning.

Then off to feed everyone else....it starts raining of course.....I clean what I can, then move on to get Vinnies stall cleaned. It was, shall we say, well used during the evening....but on a good note, good solid poop and he has eaten well.

We will make some phone calls today and see what we can find out about his history and why he is where he is.

He is a darling......more like 25 than 5...he is an old soul.

On the way to work I listen to Steely Dan "Black Cow".....wow...now that is an OLD one.

We have a start of some very good items for the silent auction.......you have to come and check them out. Lots of artwork from kind artists.....veterinary certificates, photography certificates....doggie accessories......a little of this, a little of that...........oh and a cookie certificate........cookies once a month for a year!

Do you ever look at something everyday for like most of your life and you never notice anything different and then bam....one day, something is different? My driveway...one brightly colored leaf and I zeroed in on it....it made the whole thing different....and then I saw a late summer rabbit ....then zip he was off into the woods.

It rained and rained this morning and then surprise of all surprises, the sun came out for a little while. What a pleasant surprise...it lifted my spirits a little.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Do you really know what you know or could you learn something about something? Keep your mind open and your mouth shut today.

No comments: