Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday.....it clears up

My computer needs help........the hard drive is failing. I spent like 1900 dollars on a top of the line laptop and you would expect it to last longer than this, wouldn't you? Anyway, my blog may suffer for a while until I get it sorted out. I think I got an extended warranty, but these days who can remember everything that you did 18 months ago? Certainly not me.

I got up late this morning which is a problem. I wake up faithfully at about 4:50am and then tell myself I have about five minutes so I lay my head back down and somehow it turns into 25 minutes. Yikes....then I fly around and don't feel like I got everything done and I hate to rush...it makes me anxious.

I get to the barn and I heat water for TarBaby's mush. I make a vat of it because he is not absolutley sold on our hay and I am not sure his teeth are good. That smacks of another vet bill coming, doesn't it? But if he needs dental work.....he will get it...I don't want to think of mouth ulcers. He didn't eat very well for a few days...he was unhappy and depressed, but seems perkier and he is eating better today and yesterday. He gets a full water bucket of mush twice a day...tonight he got cut up apples in it....and it is always served warm. We moved him into the pony stall because he was afraid of Winston, my big horse. Winston was making menacing faces at him over the fence and Winston is huge.......so I traded Beaver and TarBaby places........Beaver can hold his own with Winston.....okay Winston is afraid of Beaver........there ....the truth is out.

I finish up in record time....and dash off to work, listening to REO Speedwagon sing "I'm Going to Keep on Loving You." It is lighting raining and I hope it will stop soon. I write myself some reminder notes for later and think about what I will do and when I will get it done. Friday...always Friday......I think about going shopping or just kicking back and nope......I have chores to do on FRIDAY. Gravel.....and I must pick up diesel for the tractor.....and I must have my oil changed in the truck....and speaking of the truck...gosh, I'd better wash it and maybe change the serpentine belt..............and speaking of serpentines, I better schedule a dressage lesson.........and the shoer is coming...........and the hogsfuel........and whoa......Thursday is THANKSGIVING.......food shopping.......and I need to make a dr's appointment because I was supposed to do it two weeks ago........and I have a prescription to fill.....the dog needs to go to the vet......and I need to see my grandma and to order hay and go to the feedstore......take blankets to be washed....check Pony Up donations boxes..........send thank you cards......

oy vey.


Time to buy hay again and time to load up on grain and supplements. We use timothy hay pellets, rice bran, beet pulp, sunflower seeds, corn oil and senior grain. Senior grain works for almost anyone except the very obese. Beet pulp and sunflower seeds go to the easy keepers like Beaver. He has a fit if everyone gets grain and he doesn't , so the beet pulp and sunflower seeds are his......he loves them....plus we add timothy pellets for him now because he has a cough from dust in the hay or perhaps an allergy......he is getting cough syrup too. We mix it up in a nice warm mash.....and he likes it just fine.

Felice the barn cat never came back. I keep thinking I see her out of the corner of my eye, but it is just my imagination. She was a really nice cat and I miss her. I am sure a coyote got her. I hope it was quick for her. Sorry I didn't protect you better Felice.....you were a good kitty and never any trouble.

It is almost Thanksgiving and time to stop and reflect on what you and I are thankful for.

I am thankful for family and friends.......thankful for a job in a crummy economy......thankful for a nice place to live and the chance to make a difference in the lives of some horses. Thankful for volunteers who become friends. What are you thankful for?

Well, I have some chores to get done before I go to bed.........laundry, empty trash, clean kitchen.......write some return emails....

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Do what you know is right ......put your ego in your hat.

No comments: