Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday ....boy oh boy

Slept in a little.....couldn't find my keys for about ten minutes...and brrr it was cold.......Jack Frost visted during the night for the first time. I put my fleece jacket on and then my Carhart so I will stay warm.

I listen to the Little River Band sing Lady on the way to the barn. I notice my gas tank is on empty.

I get to the barn and release the hostages......then throw hay and start on grain. I will warm the water that goes into the grain this morning, as I always do when it is cold. Ryan shows up and helps me finish with grain, then we clean paddocks and talk about life and what is important.
Ryan is a student and he is going to be a mechanical engineer.
Then Kim, Darlene and Briann show up. We talk about chores and who wants to do what.
Kim gets the tractor/gravel work......Briann gets to sweep and water.......Darlene gets the Filly...Ryan and I move mats.
Jan and Sharon show up and then we start construction completion on the shed......

Darlene brought us all coffee from Starbucks........she always does that......we love you!

Ryan and Jan work on the shed roof, Sharon and Briann rake gravel, Darlene and I dig a trench... Kim brings gravel back and forth with the tractor........we work hard......we are filthy dirty. At 1 pm we are hungry and Jan and Sharon go and get us pizza and drinks.......THANK YOU for your continued kindness........we don't know a nicer family...truly.

By 3 pm we are wiped out.......we got a lot done! The filly's paddock is finished......the upper paddock has a new road of gravel leading out to the lower paddock and the new shed has mats, a complete roof and sides! WOW. That almost completes our major projects......we have one more "road" to gravel and one shed to gravel for under the mats.....then we need to fix the posts on the arena.......they are leaning from big fat horse butts rubbing on them.

Vinnie is feeling okay today. He ate well and is still perky. He loved meeting the volunteers...he is a very friendly, curious horse. He hates the tractor...not scared.......he puts his ears back and shakes his head at it.......very funny....because he also reaches for scratches from your hand as you are driving.

The filly got to play along the fence line with Winston today...they had fun chasing each other up and down the paddocks.

The peacock is still here......need I say more? He is not OUR peacock.....I repeat.....NOT OURS.

Long day and I am tired.....have to get hay tomorrow and run other errands....

Sleep tight.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Stranger things have happened.

No comments: