Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday .......when it rains it pours.....

Today is my day off and I sleep in, then I am late because I can't find my keys, then the cat runs into the garage and under the car and he won't come out...........ugh......so I am later than usual.
Off to the barn, listening to John Denver (John Denver?) sing Annie's Song. ....good grief, I had forgotten about that one.
The horses are miffed that I am late and milling around, calling and showing how they are literally starving to death right this very minute. Right... So I get hay thrown, grain fed and start cleaning.....then I comb Vinnie's mane because I cannot stand that it is tangled and dirty......I look for the scissors but cannot find them.........I must have three pair...but not a one to be found. He lowers his head and stands quite still.......he likes to be groomed.
I fill waters and then open the pasture gates so that everyone can have a romp.....and the romp begins........screaming, bucking, farting........off they go.
I waste some time petting barn cats and making sure that no one breaks out. They don't , but I am always cautious....paranoid........whatever.
I have some errands to run, and then I have to take the dog to the vet.......so I take off at around 11 thirty........leave the driveway and head home..........what do I find? A pitbull pup.....wandering the road.....I have never seen it before and I travel this road a lot......she is cold, visibly shivering........and so I pull over.......get out of the car, call her.......she hesitates and then RUNS to me........I pull her over to the side and out of traffic, look for a tag.......there is none......and I sigh.....pick her up and put her in the truck, where she snuggles into me. I stop at a few houses.......no one has seen her before...and the one guy.........he lets it be known that he hates pitbulls and that they should all be exterminated. I wish him well.........and take her home.
I feed her, get her a blanket and put her in a crate.......then I go shower.
Off to my errands......I have made some "FOUND" signs for the dog.......I hang them here and there......hoping someone will call.
I run to Tacoma, to the vet......and then back home. No one has called. I am thinking someone dumped this pup. ....damn them.........damn my luck.
My own dog has a blown knee......very complicated.......no surgery for right now, he is too young....but later he will need it.

and that is how my day went.
A glass of wine, some popcorn.......a bit of relaxing.
Tomorrow is my birthday.

How did I get this old?!

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow:

Plant seeds now for beautiful flowers later...........

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Happy birthday R!

and thank you for taking it the pitbull :)