Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday, so it goes

Drizzling, cool morning....after a somewhat tropical day yesterday. Horses sweating in their blankets even.......geesh.......go figure Mother Nature.
Coffee is brewing, I am thinking my day over. You know I still haven't done my Christmas shopping. My day just got away from me yesterday and guess what? Today is my anniversary and I am also unprepared. I really have to give my husband extra credit for the life we live.....he complains very little that our lives are completely intertwined with horses and that I am usually on the run here and there......transporting horses, going to the feed store......picking up something........or on the phone or on the computer........if I were him, I would probably complain....however, it is always easy to guess what I need for anniversaries, Christmas and birthdays..........HORSE ITEMS........he is not so easy....and if you have any suggestions you had better send them soon.

I need to call the shoer today for Max, TarBaby and Winston....they all need trims. We never did hear from TarBaby's owner. I expected her to come out of the woodwork. How do you abandon your horse? I cannot figure it. ......don't want to figure it at this point. Simple cowardice....leave your "problem" to everyone else and hope for the best. TarBaby is lucky.

Jake had a pretty good day yesterday, he ate well and was pretty vocal each time I was at the barn.......begging for his grain slop and wanting to get out and root through the hay pile. He has good firm poop, is peeing a good quantity and drinking well......I cannot ask for more than that right now. He has grown on us in the short time he has been here......of course they all do...
you care for an animal and you cannot help but bond with it.........and especially one who has been through the wringer. I still want to cry when I look at him. How he has any love left for humans is beyond me....but the fact remains, he does........he still has hope I guess.

I work today and then have tomorrow off, with a committment early in the morning which means I will have to feed/water/clean even earlier...........UGH........someone will have to use a gun to get me up. I hope today goes quickly and uneventfully.........NO DRAMA and NO SUGAR COOKIES>

Ryan.......have a wonderful trip to Arizona........and merry Christmas! We will see you when you come back..........fly safe and sound!

Okay I am off and running...........enjoy your day.

Pony Up fortune for today.

Speak up today, your voice cannot be heard unless you open your mouth.

No comments: