Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday....just plain Monday

Up very early and to the barn before work. Not quite so cold and fortunately no snow. I am glad about that. I know it is Christmas and all......but still, snow causes quite a disturbance and makes so much work.......I would not have minded if it stayed cold and frozen for a while...but really.......please, no snow.

I get hay thrown, check waters and then grain. I still provide hot grain, probably not quite so necessary this morning, but I know they like it and it makes them feel good.
I clean Churchie's stall as it is a mess and I clean Winston's paddock. Feed chickens.........water and feed cats. The cats have not ventured out since it got cold and tomorrow I may have to drag them out.

I spend some time making calls today on behalf of the Gig Harbor starvation case.........this saga is not over yet. Folks think they are off the hook but I say...not quite yet my pretties....face up, stand up.........tell the truth.....first you have no money, then you have money, then the animal is sick.........and well now............YOU are a rescue? I would laugh if it weren't so pathetic and twisted.
You don't even know the meaning.

I go to the feed store on my way home and get timothy pellets, senior grain, beet pulp and dog food..........I get a new toy for the Jack Russell. He has a pile of toys but he always loves a new one and I always indulge him. He is thirteen this year but still lively.

My lap top is still a dead soldier.......new hard drive coming tomorrow, new discs to load programs and then I won't have to borrow my husband's computer. I love or did love my laptop........until it went bad and then I have spent considerable time hating it. All should be good to go by the weekend.

TarBaby is temporarily at the neighbors while we figure some logistics out. Thank you Kim for taking him in and I hope he is behaving. I haven't heard from you , so I am guessing all is well. He probably loves the fussing.

We are having a Christmas party this Saturday...........consider this an invite. Please RSVP...........it is a potluck, so YOU have to bring your best dish! Saturday at 6:30pm until 8:30PM.........bring a gift under twenty bucks to put under the tree for the trading tree........not sure if you ever played that game... it is fun. You draw numbers and the first guy picks a gift, the second guy can take the first guy's gift or draw his/her own..........and so on........

Hard to believe that next week is Christmas.........so much to do ......and then it is 2010 , now that seems really weird, huh?

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow.

Show others your heart's desire.

No comments: