Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday again

Up really early this morning and to the barn by 6. I have things to do and places to go this morning.............all the way into Tacoma for a meeting and then back to work.
I use the last of the chicken food and make a note to buy more........I also need stall pellets and a new pitchfork..........more notes to self.
I listen to The Supremes sing "Stop in the Name of Love".......finally a song that is older than me...that was like the favorite song of my older sisters when I was a kid. I am much more rock and roll than MoTown.

I leave the door open for the barn cats and hope they will go out. I told Kim they have the Stockholm syndrome....you know, like the Patty Hearst defense? Okay, some of you will have to look this up.........heck, some of you will have to research Patty Hearst, won't you?

Vinnie is feeling TOO good........he and the filly are making quite a pair with the squealing, kicking ,running business.......but then they are two young TB's.........enough said?
I am glad Vinnie is feeling so good....but still I will cut his grain down and increase his beet pulp....like feeding a furnace I always say.
Evidently it is going to rain all day, like it did all night.........umm..........didn't I say I liked freezing weather? We have some leaks....more work on Saturday before our Christmas party.

Thanks to Kim, down the street for taking superb care of TarBaby........he is enjoying himself and I am sure he won't want to come home. We will pick him up Saturday, we promise! Logistics, logistics..........horses ..........everyone needs a stall and right now we are one short....but we have a foster home for someone else this weekend............a GREAT foster home I might add........we will send Sully. Poor Sully man.........he hates to leave the farm.......but this way he can be worked and seen by potential adoptive homes. Thank you RainSong!

We also have Yukon going to a foster home where he will be used as the extra horse........a great little three stall barn with a wonderful group of women who will love him!

so we can be back to normal and take care of some emergencies that have come upon us .........details to come.....some of you are already helping.............thank you.

I am home late tonight..........feed store again, bought new boots for my stupid aching feet and bought chicken food, stall pellets.........I cleaned stalls in the dark and I bet I didn't do a very good job.........another note to finish putting lights in the loafing sheds...........always a day late it seems.

anyway, I am tired and had a full day....my shoulders ache and my brain is running on empty.........always more to think about and plan for another day..........I have never been so busy in my life. Sometimes I amaze myself.

Pony Up fortune for tomorrow............

Stranger than fiction, but truth is truth.

No comments: